They hate you. They’ve always hated you. Not your own people, but the rest of them. The ones from the surface. They fear you and believe you will do them harm and maybe even eat them if given half the chance.
They’re not wrong.
Your subterranean kingdom, ruled by the Grand Dragon, is a mystery to most of Mongo and you all prefer it that way.
However, not all lizard men wish to continue like this. Some of you have been overcome by curiosity knowing there’s a whole world up there to be seen, touched, and tasted. It’s not that those with the desire to leave the Kiran caverns are forbidden to do so, it’s that for many, the safety and security of the nest is more than enough. Beyond the cave mouths lie untold dangers. It is better to remain in the dark tunnels, only venturing outside when the larders need replenishing.
But you are curious and you have witnessed Ming’s cruelty firsthand. Every third month, well-armed and well-armored imperials enter the tunnels and capture lizard men for use in the fighting pits. You have watched as friends have been dragged off in cruel nets, stunned to unconsciousness with shocksticks, never to be seen or heard from again.
The last time that happened, you followed them out and watched as they boarded their airships and rocketed west to Mingo City. You crouched in silence for what seemed like hours and then opted to set off by foot on a fool’s errand to rescue those prisoners from Ming’s clutches.
And what makes you think that you alone could make a difference? Because you were born with rare talents. Talents of the mind that make you special and perhaps capable of finding and freeing your reptilian comrades from their cells.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Psionics d8, Stealth d6, Thievery d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7 (2)
Hindrances: Cautious, Curious, Vow (minor, Rescue prisoners of Ming)
Edges: Arcane Background (Psionics), New Powers (Arcane Protection, Boost/Lower Trait), Power Points
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Natural Weapons (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4), Trident (Range 3/6/12, Damage Str+d6, ROF 1)
Gear: Backpack: (Contains: Canteen:), Flashlight
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: Ӎ350
Arcane Background: Psionics (SWADE)
- Power Points: 15
- Powers: Arcane Protection (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p148), Boost/Lower Trait (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156), Confusion (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157), Fear (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p161), Healing (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p162)
- Agility: Lizard men begin play with a d6 in Agility
- Armor: Thick warty skin grants them +2 Armor.
- Environmental Resistance (Heat): Vigor rolls made to resist the effects of heat are made at +4 and damage from heat or fire-based attacks is reduced by 4.
- Environmental Weakness (Cold): −4 to Vigor rolls to resist cold, add +4 to cold-based damage
- Outsider: The reputation and habits of lizard men make them unwelcome company among all but their own kind. They have the Outsider Hindrance, suffering −2 to all Persuasion Rolls with any but their own kind.
- Wall Walkers: Lizard men can move up any rough vertical surface at their normal Pace. When hunting they often cling to stalactites and drop down on their prey from above.
- Natural Weapons: The claws, tails, and teeth of the lizard men allow them to scratch, slap, or bite in combat for Str+d4 damage. Lizard men can make an additional Fighting attack with their tail but suffer the normal multiple action penalty.
- Raise Skill: Psionics
- Raise Skills: Common Knowledge/Notice
- Edge: Power Points
- Edge: New Powers (Arcane Protection, Boost/Lower Trait)
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Flash Gordon
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Unarmored Hero
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.