Keelas was welcomed into “The Family” at a young age. As Scurillians are exceedingly rare, he had to find “family” outside of the confines of his species. While he certainly didn’t “need” others, there were needs, and wants, that were best acquired with the help of others, so he knew he couldn’t go it alone.
Keelas’ valuable skills in accounting, coupled with his persuasive personality, and a mean streak that can send chills into the coldest of heart, he knew that his merchant clan was the best he was going to get. Over time, he started to fit in, and actually become a valuable member of the team.
The day that forever altered Keelas’ path started like any other day. “The Family” of traders and merchants, known as “Flotsom Sea Exports and Imports” were securing deals, lining up transport, and selling the last bit of goods when he heard a commotion near their main transport. By the time he arrived, they were gone… dead. Every one of them.
As he tried to collect himself and piece together what had happened, the thought struck him like a club to the thorax… “The money! The cargo! Where is it?” Keelas searched the ship and discovered that there wasn’t anything to be found… the murderers had made off with all of it. Worse yet, all of the shipments and had been stamped and sent on to their destinations. Without manifests, he had no idea where each shipment was headed… he was penniless!
Surveying the situation once more, Keelas realized that he had to leave… and fast. He would easily be the number 1 suspect, if he was found there alone, and he certainly couldn’t sail the ship by himself. No matter, it was useless without the rest of “FSEI”.
Keelas gathered his gear, most importantly his Super Brand… it was the one item that could help him recoup his losses, and make him money down the road. Without it, he would lose his Super “Tattoo” after his next molting cycle. Furthermore, he’d need help reapplying the brand… he did need help, and that help would require him to make some guarantees. It looked like Keelas was not only broke… in order to survive, he was going to need to go into debt to get out of this mess. That lost cargo was his only hope. He needed to find out where it went so he could use his Super Tattoo to collect the funds that were rightfully his.
This would become his life’s work.
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Skills: Academics d8, Athletics d6, Boating d6, Common Knowledge d8+2, Fighting d6, Language (Native) d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d4-1, Research d6, Science d6, Stealth d4
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 9 (4)
Hindrances: Quirk (Mutters sums when nervous), Stubborn, Suspicious (minor), Wanted (minor, FSEI)
Edges: Calculating, Frugal, Jack-of-all-Trades
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Claws (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6)
Gear: Canteen (waterskin)
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $495
- Mean: The crab men are constantly irritated by others. They subtract 1 from all Persuasion rolls.
- Keen Mind: Scurillians add +2 to Common Knowledge rolls.
- Claws: Scurillian claws cause Str+d6 damage.
- Dehydration: Scurillians must immerse themselves in water (salt or fresh) at least one hour out of every 24. Those who don’t are automatically Fatigued each day until they are Incapacitated. The day after that, they perish. Each hour spent recovering in sea water removes a level of Fatigue suffered from Dehydration.
- Odd Shape: The crab men can’t use clothing or armor, and subtract 2 when using most gear intended for humanoids.
- Stubborn: Without fail, scurillians think they know better than anyone else.
- Shell: Scurillian shells provide +4 Armor.
- Raise Skills: Athletics/Research
- Raise Attribute: Smarts
- Raise Skills: Academics/Notice
- Edge: Jack-of-all-Trades
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, 50 Fathoms
Setting Rules: Heroic (50f)
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.