MSG (Ret) Jim Cannon
Jim spent 30 years in the US Army as infantryman, Ranger, sniper and instructor. He had seen action in hot spots all over the world though he spent most of his time in the Southern Command putting out the fires no one wanted to admit existed.
By the summer of 1998, however, Jim's time with the military came to an end. They thanked him for his service but now it was time for him to retire. Suddenly left without a purpose for the first time in his life he packed his truck and began to wander from town to town across the US, working the odd job for a while but never staying in one place for too long.
Jim would still be living the itinerant lifestyle except that one day the strangest thing happened to him. His truck had broke down in the middle of nowhere and he ended up spending the night sleeping in the cab. What he woke up to the next morning is something he never would have expected.
One minute he's sleeping on the side of the road in the middle of Kansas and the next he's waking up in the middle of the street of a town that's definitely NOT in Kansas.
He never considered himself what the so called "survivalist" types would have called a "prepper" but that didn't mean that he didn't believe in being prepared. He'd spent most of his life preparing for contingencies that he didn't think would happen mostly due to his utmost respect for Murphy and how much damage he could do if he showed up and you weren't ready for him.
Over the next several months Jim worked with the town's sheriff and other town leaders organizing all the able bodied adults in town into some kind of militia that could put up some kind, any kind, of defense against the people and things that suddenly started showing up from seemingly nowhere looking to raid, kill or rampage through the town for no apparent reason.
He also began to notice he was getting way more stopping power from his firearms than he should be. It wasn't long before he realized that by concentrating hard enough he could supercharge them to the point that for a short time they were the equivalent of a light artillery piece! Soon enough he learned other tricks like projecting his own personal force field and moving things with his mind among other things.
Of course, the second strangest thing that happened to him was when he discovered Sgt Misane, her family and her entire farm had been dropped?, moved? teleported? to wherever here was. Having at least one familiar face is a big relief not that Jim would ever admit it to anyone.
Jim continues to lend his expertise and experience to help defend the town, train the militia and generally keep the newcomers from cocking things up too badly.
Jim may be a bit past his prime but is still well built for his age (6' 2", 220 lbs.) Hair is still a dark brown though liberally salted with grey. When on patrol he wears some body armor he salvaged from one of the more high tech raiders that learned that harassing this town doesn't pay. The rest of the time he just feels naked without at least a kevlar vest. His most distinctive feature, however, is the jagged scar running from his hairline to his jaw. While Jim is generally a good natured person the scar tends to give him a permanent scowl. Something he puts to good effect when it's time to not be nice.
Attributes: Agility d8-1, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8-1, Vigor d10-1
Skills: Athletics d8, Battle d6, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d8, Intimidation d8, Language (American) d8, Language (Spanish) d6, Notice d8, Persuasion d4-1, Psionics d8, Repair d8, Shooting d10, Stealth d8, Survival d8+2
Pace: 5; Parry: 6; Toughness: 15 (5)
Hindrances: Elderly, Heroic, Loyal, Ugly (minor)
Edges: Brave, Brawny, Command, Danger Sense, Level Headed, Major Psionic, Marksman, Quick, Sharpshooting, Soldier, Steady Hands, Woodsman
Armor: Huntsman Medium Personal Armor (Armor 5), Kevlar Vest (police issue) (Armor 2)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Barrett (.50) (Range 50/100/200, Damage 2d10, ROF 1, AP 4, M.D.C.), Desert Eagle (.50) (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d8, ROF 1, AP 2), Tactical Shotgun (Range 12/24/48, Damage 1-3d6, ROF 1)
Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack (Contains: 60x Pistol Bullet, Large, 60x Rifle Bullet, Large, 60x Shotgun shell, 60x Shotgun slug, Wooden Cross), Storage Locker (Contains: Tool Kit, Silencer, Bipod/Tripod, Rifle Scope), Utility Belt (Contains: Wooden Stakes, 9x Shotgun slug, 9x Shotgun shell, 2x Magazine, Desert Eagle, 2x Magazine, Barrett Sniper Rifle)
Languages: Spanish (d6), American (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $1048.40
Arcane Background: Psionics (Rifts® TLPG)
- I.S.P.: 20
- Powers: Bolt (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156), Night Vision (Darksight; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +2), Protection (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p165-166; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +2), Smite (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p168; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +1), Telekinesis (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p169)
- Psionics: Power Points: 20; Powers: Bolt (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156), Night Vision (Darksight; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +2), Protection (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p165-166; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +2), Smite (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p168; Limitations: Self (limited); Skill Bonus: +1), Telekinesis (Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p169)
- Languages Known: Spanish (d6), American (native, d8)
- MARS Advances: Psi-Slingers begin as Seasoned heroes.
- Psi-Slinger Psionics: Psionics d6, Arcane Background (Psionics), 10 ISP, plus bolt, protection, smite, and telekinesis as Innate Abilities. Choose one other power.
- Psi-Slinger Skills & Edges: Shooting d6 plus the Marksman, Steady Hands, Danger Sense, and Quick Edges.
- Energetic Diminishment: While protection is activated, the Psi-Slinger takes −4 damage from energy attacks (electricity, fire, ion, lasers, particle beams, plasma, etc.).
- Telekinetic Enhancement: When imbuing a Modern Firearm or TW equivalent with smite, the weapon does one additional die of damage
- Psi-Slinger Hindrance: Begin with either the Arrogant, Heroic, Overconfident, or Vengeful (Major) Hindrance for no added benefit.
- Psi-Slinger Journey: Psi-Slingers make one less roll on the Hero's Journey tables.
- Raise Attribute: Strength
- Edge: Woodsman
- Edge: Command
- Edge: Sharpshooting
- Edge: Major Psionic
- Edge: Soldier
- Raise Attribute: Vigor
- Edge: Level Headed
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field Manual
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C., Super Strength
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.