Cardiff (as he is known) was quite young when he discovered a human shipwreck survivor. He had heard of the other peoples of Caribdus but had never seen them; especially the exotic humans that had begun appearing in the world. He was instantly fascinated by the man, especially his cloths and mannerisms and unlike many of his kind did not immediately set upon the scared individual and kill him. In fact he befriended the terrified survivor - as much as a kehana understands the concept - and brought him food (well raw fish). He kept his existence secret from the others for many weeks and learned a great deal about the world beyond his home. However certain changes in his demeanour alerted his xenophobic people and both he and the human were eventually discovered. The pack instantly set upon the pair. He was wounded, but escaped, but the human was savagely ripped to shreds. He did not try to save the man; the concept of endangering his own life for a stranger still being an alien concept to him.
Now an outsider and facing further retribution if he stayed, he left The Flumes in search of that certain special something (civilisation).
A young Kehana with unreadable coal black eyes and sharp teeth. His exudes an odd combination of naivety and savagery that many people can find quite disturbing. He dresses (overdresses really) in a garish mismatch of cloths and styles, but fails to look after them giving him a rather dishevelled appearance.
Cardiff is enamoured with the trappings of civilisation – and compared with his homeland pretty much all of Caribdus appears pretty civilised to his eyes. He tries very hard to ‘get it’ but is frequently betrayed by his savage upbringing.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Boating d6, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Language (Kehanan) d8, Notice d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 5
Hindrances: Curious, Illiterate, Loyal
Edges: Alertness, Martial Artist, Martial Warrior
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6, +2 to Hit), Bite/Claw (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, +2 to Hit), Flintlock Pistol (Range 5/10/20, Damage 2d6+1, ROF 1)
Gear: Canteen (waterskin), Shot (w/ powder)
Language: Kehanan (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $344.90
- Aquatic: Cannot drown, may speak, hear, and move full Pace when swimming.
- Bite/Claw: Kehana have sharp teeth and claws that cause Str+d4 damage. (See Natural Weapons in Savage Worlds for Bite attacks).
- Dehydration: Kehana must immerse themselves in water (salt or fresh) at least one hour out of every 24. Those who don’t are automatically Fatigued each day until they are Incapacitated. The day after that, they perish. Each hour spent recovering in sea water removes a level of Fatigue suffered from Dehydration.
- Habit (Minor): Kehana like to eat their prey “raw and wiggling,” a practice most others find repulsive.
- Racial Enemy: Kehana hate doreen and suffer a -2 penalty to Persuasion rolls when dealing with them.
- Edge: Martial Artist
- Raise Skills: Intimidation/Fighting
- Raise Skills: Shooting/Athletics
- Edge: Martial Warrior
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, 50 Fathoms
Setting Rules: Heroic (50f)
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.