Born in Isger's Chitterwood, Fumbus's early life was practically idyllic, at least by goblin standards. The Chitterwood has been largely left to the goblins since the end of the Goblinblood Wars nearly twenty years ago, its goblin inhabitants now free of the militant influence of their hobgoblin cousins, most of whom were eradicated or driven out of Isger at the closing of the war.
Fumbus had the honor of serving as apprentice to the Fire-Eater goblin clan's chief pickle-maker, a position which gave him a fair amount of standing amongst his kin.
Fumbus's initial forays into the wider world were truly terrifying. Scavenging from human farms usually ended poorly, as vicious dogs and horrifying horses would bite, chase, or stomp the poor goblin if they caught wind of his presence. The humans themselves were often even more terrifying, and Fumbus found himself fleeing pitchfork-wielding mobs with stolen, smelly shoes (easiest to find without a light and useful as either food or clothing) tucked under one arm.
Fumbus's life likely would have ended at the hands of one of these mobs had he not encountered a passing half-orc Pathfinder named Droven whose initial reaction to the little goblin was humor, rather than fear or violence.
Droven helped secure a home for the little goblin in the Puddles district, where Fumbus's presence would be less likely to cause a stir, and shared what he knew of alchemy with the eager goblin.
Fumbus came up with his own system for creating and remembering formulas using small tokens engraved with pictographic runes and a series of leather cords, which he would use to bind certain ingredients in specific orders. Together these implements allowed him to practice alchemy.
Droven went away on an adventure and did not return.Months have passed and Droven has still not returned. Fumbus spends his time perfecting his alchemy, seeking news of his lost friend.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Academics d6, Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Language (Goblin) d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d4, Repair d6, Science d8, Stealth d8, Survival d6, Weird Science d10
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 6 (2)
Hindrances: Big Mouth, Curious, Quirk (Pyromanic)
Edges: Arcane Background (Weird Science), Dodge, Luck, New Powers (Blast, Boost/Lower Trait), New Powers (Blind, Confusion)
Armor: Leather Jacket (Armor 2)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Dogslicer (Range Melee, Damage Str)
Gear: Backpack (Contains: Bedroll (sleeping bag; winterized), Canteen (waterskin), Tool Kit, Whetstone, Flint and Steel)
Language: Goblin (native, d8)
Current Wealth: 32 GP
Arcane Background: Weird Science (SWADE)
- Power Points: 15
- Powers: Alchemist’s Fire (Blast; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p155-156), Bottled Lightning (Burst; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157), Cyanocarbon Bomb (Blind; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156), Elixir of Life (Healing; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p162), Enhancing Elixir (Boost/Lower Trait; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p156), Mushroom Cloud (Confusion; Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition p157)
- Sneaky - Stealth: Goblins get a free d6 in Stealth
- Survivor - Survival: Goblins tend to be natural survivors. They begin with a free d6 in Survival.
- Agile - Agility: Goblins are quick and agile. They start with a d6 in Agility.
- Outsider (Major): The creature has a built-in Minor Hindrance for 1 point, or a Major Hindrance for 2. This doesn’t affect the ability to choose other Hindrances during character creation.
- Weak: Goblins cannot have their Strength higher than a d8.
- Infravision: The creature detects and “sees” heat, either through eyes or other sensory organs. This allows it to halve penalties for bad lighting when attacking targets that radiate heat.
- Diminutive: Goblins stand three to four feet tall, giving them a Size of –1 and reducing their Toughness by 1.
- Edge: New Powers (Blind, Confusion)
- Raise Skills: Weird Science/Science
- Edge: Luck
- Edge: New Powers (Blast, Boost/Lower Trait)
- Raise Skill: Weird Science
- Edge: Dodge
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Fantasy Companion
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Multiple Languages
Validity: Character appears invalid
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.