The terrible battle with the savage lion men left your city atomized and your people homeless and scattered across the globe. Some shark men reluctantly allied with the undersea kingdom of Coralia, putting aside decades of strained relations. Some still loyal to the crown swam into Ming’s arms, finding positions within his royal navy. Still others sought out the resistance known as the Freemen.
It was the inspiring words and actions of a blond-haired surface dweller from another world that led you to also sign on with the rebellion.
While the tensions between your people and the lion men remain, the promise of a Mongo without Ming at its heart has given both sides something much greater to fight for.
Perhaps someday, your people will have their revenge against those who took a w a y your home in a flash of nuclear fire, but until then, all that anger is better suited for the shadow war against the empire.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d8, Intimidation d6, Language (Native) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Survival d4
Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 7
Hindrances: Big Mouth, Overconfident, Stubborn
Edges: Improved First Strike, No Mercy, Sweep
Armor: Diving Helmet (Armor 3)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Atom Pistol (Range 5/10/20, Damage 2d10, ROF 1, HW), Sword, Long (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8)
Gear: Canteen:, Normal Clothing, Power Crystal, Small
Language: Native (native, d8)
Current Wealth: Ӎ10
- Semi-Aquatic: Shark men are air-breathers but are well-suited for life underwater. They can remain underwater for up to 15 minutes without air and add +2 to swimming- based Athletics rolls. They typically wear specialized diving helmets of transparent metal when traveling long distances underwater. The helmets provide one hour of fresh, breathable air before they must be recharged.
- Dependency (Water): Shark men must immerse their bodies in water for one hour out of every 24. Those who do not are automatically Fatigued each day until Incapacitated. The day after that, they die. Each hour spent recovering in water (or via an appropriately calibrated heal-o-ray) restores a level of Fatigue. Shark men who must work on land for prolonged periods usually employ hydration suits that neutralize the effects of dehydration.
- Low Light Vision: A shark man’s underwater vision is about 10 times better than that of a human being thanks to specialized optical tissues made up of mirrored crystals. This means they ignore penalties for Dim and Dark lighting, allowing them to see clearly in all but pitch black conditions.
- Racial Enemy: Shark men and lion men are hereditary enemies, suffering a −4 to all Persuasion Rolls when dealing with each other.
- Strong: Despite their sleek appearance, shark men are quite strong for their size. They start with a d6 in Strength.
- Toughness: Shark man skin is made of a matrix of hard, tooth-like structures called placoid scales. These structures add +2 to their Toughness.
- Raise Attribute: Smarts
- Raise Skills: Common Knowledge/Notice
- Edge: Sweep
- Edge: No Mercy
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Flash Gordon
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Unarmored Hero
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.