A crack shot from a young age and a young man who wanted nothing more than to protect his people from the lawless he jumped at the chance when he was asked to join the Justice Rangers. Over the next six years Jack worked tirelessly to track down criminals, bandits and anyone else that threatened the peace. Unlike some of his comrades in the Rangers, Jack wasn't comfortable playing judge and executioner for his quarries.
When he could he'd bring them in alive to face a proper trial in front of a proper jury but one way or the other he'd bring in his quarry even if it were slung over the back of a horse. Of course Jack might always bring in his fugitive that didn't always mean he came back in one piece. More than a few times he came back in not much better shape than the fugitive. The Rangers took care of their own and they always put him back together quicker, stronger and faster than before. Then one day a rumor spread around town that Jack had turned in his badge. No one knew why but everyone agreed it must have been bad for Jack to quit so sudden like that and by the next sunrise Jack had ridden out of town never to be seen again in those parts.
Over the next few years Jack drifted North working as a mercenary or a bounty hunter for different groups. Once he even signed on as a combat medic of all things and he was surprised as anyone to find out he was pretty good at it. Most of the time though he was hired because he had the fastest gun hand around. Jack might not be a Ranger anymore but he still takes his oath seriously so even if his interpretation might be a little more flexible than it used to be. Whenever an employer crossed one line too many it was time for Jack to move on. These days Jack finds himself in Northern Gun territory where more often than not he feels like a fish out of water in these "civilized" spaces but there is work to be found here so he figures to stick around a while.
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d8, Vigor d10
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6+2, Electronics d6+2, Fighting d6, Healing d8, Intimidation d6, Language (American) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Repair d6+2, Research d4+2, Riding d6, Shooting d12, Stealth d4, Thievery d6
Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (7)
Hindrances: Death Wish, Secret (minor, Left the Justice Rangers under a cloud, framed for a crime he did not commit), Vengeful (major), Vow (major, Uphold the Code of the New West)
Edges: Brave, Combat Lifesaver, Danger Sense, Dead Shot, Elan, Expert, Marksman, Professional, Quick, Quick Draw, Sharpshooting, Take 'Em Down, Trademark Weapon (NG Equalizer "Bessie"), Two-Gun Kid
Armor: Armored Duster (Armor 2), NG Maverick Riding Armor (Armor 5)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), Armor Piercing Grenade (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, ROF 1, AP 16, M.D.C.), Bandit IP-10 Ion Pistol (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8+2, ROF 1), NG Equalizer "Bessie" (Range 6/12/24, Damage 1-3d6+1, ROF 1, AP 3, +1 to Hit, +1 Parry), NG-LG6 Laser Rifle & Launcher (Range 24/48/96, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 2), Stun Gun (Range 5/10/20, Damage 2d4, ROF 1), Vibro-Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d6, AP 6, M.D.C.)
Gear: Big Bore Shell, NG-S2 Survival Pack (Contains: Wooden Cross, Survival Knife, Wooden Stakes, 2x Pistol E-Clip, 20x Armor Piercing Grenade, 2x Rifle E-Clip, 36x Big Bore Shell, 24x Shotgun shell, 24x Shotgun slug, Trauma Kit, 48x Naruni Plasma Cartidge), Naruni Plasma Cartidge, Pistol E-Clip, Rifle E-Clip, 12x Silver Shotgun Shell
Language: American (native, d8)
Current Wealth: $15566.40
- MARS Advances: Gunslingers begin as Seasoned heroes
- Gunslinger Agility: +2 Agility die types, adjust Trait maximums accordingly.
- Gunslinger Shootist: Shooting d8 and the Marksman and Sharpshooting Edges.
- Gunslinger Intuition: Begin with the Danger Sense, Dead Shot, and Quick Edges.
- The Quick and the Dead: First round as a free action, after Action Cards, may spend a Benny. The Gunslinger and his opponent make an opposed Agility roll. On success, he immediately attacks the target and has The Drop. If he fails, the Benny is wasted.
- Quick Draw Edge: The Tomorrow Legion Field Manual states that Gunslingers get this edge for free as well.
- Gunslinger Hindrance: Begin with the Arrogant, Heroic, Overconfident, or Vengeful (Major) Hindrance for no added benefit.
- Bionic Strength Augmentation (1 strain, Custom): Raise Strength one die step
- Cyber-Wired Reflexes (1 strain, Custom): Raise Agility one die step
- Embedded Combat Coding (2 strain, Custom): Gain one combat edge, requirements for other Edges must be met. Requires Cyber-wired Reflexes
- Core Electronics Package (1 strain, Custom): A computer with universal jack—grants +2 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, and Repair rolls. Radio (20-mile range), gyro-compass, clock-calendar. CEP is required for all other mods in this category.
- Synthetic Organ Replacement (1 strain, Custom): Raise Vigor one die step.
- Language Translator (1 strain, Custom): Translates languages at d12+2. The system learns new languages—roll a d6 each day. On a 4+ gain one skill die step.
- Edge: Elan
- Raise Attribute: Vigor
- Raise Skills: Healing/Athletics
- Edge: Take 'Em Down
- Raise Attribute: Vigor
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field Manual
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C., Super Strength
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.