No one knows why Dorn submitted himself to the Juicer process in Kingsdale, let alone the Titan upgrade! There are plenty of rumors about why he did it among those that know him. Some say he developed a complex about being short and was desperate to do something about it. Others say everyone he loved had been slaughtered in a Coalition raid and he underwent the treatment to better exact his revenge.
Whatever the reason, Dorn isn't saying and few are brave enough to ask the 2.1 meter, 274 kilo dwarf about his reasoning. Fewer still are stupid enough to speculate on the subject while Dorn is in earshot. At best he'll give you an amused look though more likely that look won't be amused at all.
Dorn has always been a jovial sort even before his Juicer treatment but now that he's on a permanent drug cocktail he's the life of the party anytime he's off duty and can usually be found at the bar singing drinking songs in his native Dwarven...badly.
In a fight he displays a decent comprehension of strategy and tactics though his preferred tactic is to taunt the baddest bad guy he can see and head straight in. His skill in battle is unquestioned but the fact he continues to survive unskathed points as much to his amazing luck as his skill. Unfortunately for almost everyone Dorn tends to fall back to his native Dwarven in battle. Normally he speaks fairly decent American but under stress such as when he's breaking heads it shows up with a vengeance.
"Tha mi a ’dol a reubadh a-mach do ghùn agus a bhith gad mhealladh leis a’ bhoiteag bhrèagha agad!"
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Skills: Athletics d10, Battle d6, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d10, Intimidation d6, Language (American) d6, Language (Dwarven) d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Repair d4, Science d4, Shooting d10, Stealth d4, Taunt d6
Pace: 7; Parry: 7; Toughness: 19 (5); Size: Normal (2)
Hindrances: Arrogant, Death Wish, Habit (minor, Alcohol), Quirk (Tends to slide back into Dwarven during battle. It has all the best swear words.)
Edges: Brawny, Fleet-Footed, Luck, Quick, Split the Seconds, Titan Treatment
Armor: Juicer Assassin Plate Medium Armor (Armor 5)
Weapons: Unarmed (Range Melee, Damage Str), JA-9 Variable Laser Rifle (Range 30/60/120, Damage 4d6, ROF 1, AP 3, M.D.C.), NG-56 Light Ion Pistol (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1-3d8, ROF 1), 2x Sawed-Off Double-Barrel Shotguns (Range 5/10/20, Damage 1-3d6, ROF 1), Survival Knife (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4), Vibro-Shortsword (Range Melee, Damage Str+d8, AP 8, M.D.C.), Wooden Stakes (Range Melee, Damage Str+d4)
Gear: NG-S2 Survival Pack (Contains: Wooden Cross), 12x Silver Shotgun Shell (Buckshot), Winter Gear (cloak/parka)
Languages: Dwarven, Dwarven (native, d8), American (d6)
Current Wealth: $0
- D-Bee (Minor): Initial Reactions typically start at Uncooperative, or Unfriendly for human supremacists. Those with an Unfriendly or lower Reaction will refuse to sell wares or provide services such as healing, repairs, etc. Failed social checks with Hostile parties often result in violence.
- Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for Dim and Dark Illumination
- Near-Human Physiology: Those unfamiliar with dwarven physiology suffer only a −1 penalty to Healing skill rolls and cybernetics checks.
- Physical Strength and Endurance: Dwarves start with a d6 Strength and d6 Vigor, increase Trait maximums accordingly.
- Racial Animosity: Dwarves suffer −2 on Persuasion checks when dealing with elves.
- Reduced Pace: Decrease their Pace by 1 and their running die by one die type.
- Squat: Rifts Earth armor and clothing must be custom-tailored at double normal cost. Glitter Boy armor (including the Iconic Framework) and most human power armor is not an option.
- Technically Inclined: Begin with d4 Repair and d4 Science.
- Internal Repair System: The bio-comp system managing the drugs and chemicals within the Juicer’s body also works overtime to ensure his continued health and good repair. The Juicer gains Slow Regeneration (a natural healing roll once per day). There’s a continuously replenishing supply of nanites and chemical concoctions available for “emergency repairs.” As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge. The system holds a maximum of three charges and requires eight hours to recover one charge.
- Super Endurance: Juicers begin with +2 Vigor die types; increase the Vigor Trait maximum an equal amount. They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
- Super Reflexes: Juicers begin with +2 Agility die types; increase the Agility Trait maximum an equal amount. They also begin with the Quick Edge.
- Super Speed: Juicers cover enormous ground quickly, they double their base Pace and move twice the normal distance, horizontally and vertically, when Jumping. Juicers also have the Fleet-Footed Edge (meaning they have Pace of 14 with a d8 running die).
- Super Strength: Juicers begin with +2 Strength die types, with no Trait maximum. They also begin with the Brawny Edge.
- Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
- Cybernetics: Although it is possible to add cybernetics to the Juicer’s already hacked biology, there is a severe drawback: each point of Strain removes a point of Burn!
- Death Wish: The Juicer knows he’s going to die, and he wants to go out magnificently, having done something folks remember and are inspired by. He has the Death Wish (Minor) Hindrance.
- Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts- linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
- Psionics and Magic: The chemical cocktail inside the Juicer makes it impossible for him to use magic or psionics in any way.
- Raise Skills: Fighting/Shooting
Books In Use: Savage Worlds: Adventure Edition, Rifts®: Arcana and Mysticism, Rifts®: Blood and Banes, Rifts®: Empires of Humanity, Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America, Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Players Guide, Rifts®: Tomorrow Legion Field Manual
Setting Rules: Born a Hero, Born a Hero includes Powers, Character Frameworks, Cyberware Tab, Rifts® M.D.C., Super Strength
Validity: Character appears valid and optimal
Savaged.us claims no ownership or responsibility for any material created by our users.